Polish national GSM-R contract awarded

first_imgPOLAND: Infrastructure manager PKP PLK has awarded Nokia and its partners SPC, Herkules, Pozbud and Wasko a five-year turnkey contract to deploy a national GSM-R network.Nokia was the lowest bidder, offering 2·6bn złoty for the basic infrastructure and a further 200m złoty for optional equipment and seven years of maintenance. Kapsch CarrierCom and Porr jointly bid 3·7bn złoty plus 200m złoty for the option, while a Chinese consortium had bid 4·8bn złoty without options. Evaluation was weighted 90% by cost, with all bids meeting the technical requirements. The majority of the cost is to be met from EU sources, with Polish state co-funding.The contract signed on March 29 covers installation, commissioning, third-party integration and maintenance of GSM-R covering 13 800 route-km by 2023. This will require more than 11 000 km of optic fibre backhaul network infrastructure with IP multiprotocol label switching and dense wavelength division multiplexing to be provided by Alcatel and Longside Investments.Herkules, Pozbud and Wasko will be responsible for civil works, including construction work for laying the optic fibre.Nokia said the deal was its largest GSM-R contract to date, and would support its push to expand beyond its traditional communication service provider customer base. The company said it has provided GSM-R covering more than 75 000 km of railway for 20 customers worldwide, and has 20 years of experience in turnkey projects, including four previous GSM-R projects with PKP PLK over the last six years.last_img read more

Fight against Boko Haram tops Lake Chad regional summit agenda

first_imgNiger authorities urge people to leave lake Chad island over Boko Haram scare Leaders of countries in the Lake Chad region met on Saturday in Nigeria to give fresh impetus to their fight against Boko Haram, the Nigerian presidency said.The summit meeting, grouping Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Niger, Benin and the Central African Republic, is a follow-up to a November gathering in Chad called to tackle a surge in Boko Haram attacks in the restive region.“Today’s meeting is in continuation of our joint efforts to address the prevailing security challenges in our sub-region,” President Muhammadu Buhari said in his opening remarks.He said the meeting was “a clear demonstration of the resolute commitment that we all attach to the fight against our common enemy, Boko Haram, and the restoration of durable peace and security to our sub-region”.At the November meeting in in N’Djamena, leaders had focused on overhauling current strategy in their fight against Boko Haram, Buhari said.“This was necessitated by the resurgence of attacks, particularly on the military, and the abduction of civilians for ransom across our borders by Boko Haram with the support of international terrorists who have infiltrated our sub-region,” he said.The Nigerian leader said Saturday’s meeting “will consider the report of the committee we set up during our last summit on the way forward”, adding he hoped that its recommendations would bring a new dynamism in the fight against Boko Haram and their international affiliates.Troops from Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Benin along with Cameroon’s are operating in the Lake Chad region in the Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to counter the Islamic State-affiliated Boko Haram.Since July there has been an upsurge in Boko Haram against military bases, almost all of them in the region around Lake Chad.Last month, militants raided a base in the Nigerian village of Metele, near the border with Niger, leaving at least 44 soldiers dead, although troops who survived put the death toll at more than 100.The nine-year Boko Haram jihadist rebellion has claimed more than 27 000 lives and forced at least 1.8 million to flee their homes, sparking a dire humanitarian crisis in the region.Related 240 Boko Haram militants surrender in Chadcenter_img Lake Chad region creates joint force to fight Boko Haramlast_img read more

City-bound: How Pep Guardiola’s offer seduced Claudio Bravo

first_imgPep Guardiola will have the goalkeeper he wants. Claudio Bravo, 33, fits the profile like a glove, a fine player with his feet and with cold blood in tough situations. CEST 16/08/2016 Upd. at 12:50 The sporting side convinced the player, playing in Guardiola’s ambitious project is a gift for a player of his age, 33. Another detail that convinced him was an offer of a four year contract. Bravo’s deal with Barcelona expires in June 2018 and this one would take him up to 2020.center_img Esther Blasco Guardiola’s offer is too tempting to leave. He can play in goal in both the Premier League and the Champions League, if they qualify, a competition in which his experience has been limited to playing with Real Sociedad in 2013-14. In the other competitions Willy Caballero could be used – like Pep did with Victor Valdes and Jose Manuel Pinto.  The Chilean stopper has been seduced by the Catalan’s project. For Bravo there is no other answer. It’s now or never. If he stayed in Barcelona he would likely lose his starting spot in La Liga.last_img read more

Arsene Wenger inches closer to high profile role at PSG

first_imgAdvertisement t7hkweNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vswd8yWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E4znb( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) e6eWould you ever consider trying this?😱35lvjgCan your students do this? 🌚48qblz9Roller skating! Powered by Firework Former Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, is said to have been linked with a high profile role at Paris Saint-Germain, and according to reports, the Frenchman is getting closer and closer to bagging the job in question. It was speculated previously the long time Gunners boss could return to the dug out come summer. Advertisement Wenger left the Gunners last summer after staying a mammoth 22 years at The Emirates. With many exploits to his name, he became Arsenal’s greatest ever manager. Following his departure, former Paris Saint-Germain manager Unai Emery was brought in as head coach, and the club underwent a massive structural overhaul as long time director of football, Ivan Gazidis, left for Serie A giants AC Milan shortly thereafter.Several months later, Wenger, 69, was touted for a managerial stint at AC Milan, while Bayern Munich, PSG and Chelsea were reportedly said to have considering having him at their clubs as well.Advertisement However, French media sources, TMW, report the 69-year old is still linked with PSG but this time in a much higher role at the club. The ex-Arsenal boss is said to have agreed terms to take up the role of the club’s sporting director, considering his seemingly increasing friendship with current PSG manager, Thomas Tuchel.It is claimed Wenger has settled on a deal with PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi in a recent face-to-face summit. Should the deal materialize, he would be replacing Antero Henrique at the Parc Des Princes as soon as coming summer.Advertisement Read also:-Adrien Rabiot sacks mother-agent after Barca deals falls through‘I have Thierry Henry’s Real Madrid contract’ : former Real prez Advertisementlast_img read more